The mobile phone sector has changed dimension several times over the last nine years. In those days most of us appreciated design, battery life and size.
1. Are you familiar with the Nokia brand?
2. Did you appreciate some of the features mentioned above? Why?
3. Do you think that they had a dominant position in the telecommunications sector? What gave you that impression?
4. Do you think that Nokia had very clever advertising or very clever technology?
Nokia's first phone had a weight of just under 800 grams, it was called the; Mobile Cityman and had a price tag of nearly $5,500. Despite this heavy price tag, the model continually sold out.
5. Why do you think that the price and weight of this phone had no affect on it's sales performance?
The Matrix featured Nokia's slider phone in 1999 and the proceeding NOKIA 6100 series sold 41 million units and introduced the worlds first pre installed game; Snake.
6. Can movies influence sales or is this an old concept, we now have social networking platforms?
7. Have games moved from phones to tablets?
8. Was Nokia's success simply down to being at the right place at the right time?
9. Do you think that the advertising industry has changed? Why?
In 2004, Nokia released the "Lipstick phone". (Nokia 7280) it was listed as one of the best products by Fortune Magazine.
10. Did Nokia respond to every age group and sector?
11. Do smartphone manufacturers today have the same approach as they used to many years ago?
12. Were the phones of yesterday more in tune with what people wanted?
13. Do men and women look for different features in a phone or are they the same?
Apple launched the first iPhone in 2007 and in response Nokia released the 5800 Press music.
14. Was the iPhone a game changer or just something different on the market?
15. Did it have an immediate impact on the market?
16. Were the other phone manufacturers too slow to respond?
17. Nokia was number one, were they arrogant and if so did it ultimately lead to failure?
18. Did social networking platforms damage Nokia?
19. Did physical keypads make a difference to the experience of using a phone?
20. Did the brand Blackberry appeal to nostalgia not innovation?
21. Is Apple the new Nokia? Can they fail?
22. Is the telecommunications sector the same or have the rules changed?
23. Do people overlook certain aspects about a phone because it's in fashion?
24. Can nostalgic designs appear again in the future just like classic cars have?
25. Are you ever tempted to return to classic or are you convinced that there is nothing like having a modern concept?
26. Do you think that modern companies are better prepared for change?
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.