Listen to the audio and answer the questions.
1. How much is the consultant charging the client?
2. Who did the consultant speak to first?
3. A meeting was arranged at the end of the story, what was the day and time that it was arranged for?
4. What was the name of the business mentioned in this story?
5. Indicate the following costs:
6. What was the name of the person who got promoted?
7. When the consultant called, the call was put through to;
e. Not mentioned
8. What was the name of the consultant?
9. A process was mentioned in this story, which phase was the project at:
a. Phase 2
b. Phase 3
c. Phase 4
d. Phase 1
10. What was the location for the meeting that was confirmed at the end of this story?
1. All meetings can be done in a conference call scenario, there is no place for physical meetings anymore.
2. Consultants are always more expensive than employees.
3. One day all consultants will be replaced by technology, there will be no place for a middleman.
4. Nearly all projects run over time and over budget.
5. Consultants do not make good decision makers because they are too influenced by costs.
1. The companies sales performance was measured _______ 1999 and 2005.
2. Mark was one __ the best consultants __ his team.
3. The decision made came directly ___ the managing director.
4. ____ a third of all the companies employees were consultants.
5. The company looked _______ all the documentation before a decision was made ___ sign the contract.
6. Being a consultant is not the same _____ being an employee.
7. ____ of all the consultants, Sarah was recognized ____ the main point of contact ____ the company.
8. ______ 2015, the company employed more consultants.
9. The managing director left the meeting ______ anyone could ask any questions.
10. _____ 10% of the companies turnover was attributed to organic growth.
11. A company can't function _____ trained employees.
12. Mike told Sarah that his bag was _____ the table.
13. ____ the meeting had finished, everyone went to a local coffee shop.
14. ___ 11am the sales presentation had finished.
15. __ 2013 Mike joined the company ___ a consultant. ___ 2015 he was promoted __ a more senior position. His main area ___ responsibility is ____ negotiate fees ____ clients. He has a good track record __ success and is __ target __ another successful year __ a consultant. _____ 10% __ his clients are based __ Europe.
16. David has applied ___ a position __ a consultant ___ an international company based __ London. He should know whether he got the job or not ___ next Tuesday. If he gets the job, he will have __ relocate __ Germany. The company has been a market leader __ the manufacturing sector ___ a decade.
The Cost Breakdown
Good morning Kelly, it's Nigel calling from Blue Consulting Ltd.
I'm fine thank you and you?
I had no idea, congratulations! I had a feeling that you were going to get promoted, I'm very happy for you.
Your welcome, thanks Kelly and good luck! Is Tom there?
Good morning Tom, it's Nigel, very well thank you and yourself?
Tom, I am calling about the cost breakdown. I thought I would run it past you.
The only thing missing is our fee which we agreed would be 1% of the total cost.
Look I know that it's a process and we are no where near phase 1 but if you could go over the figures and let me know your thoughts sometime next week that would be great.
Yes I'm free on Thursday, what time were you thinking of?
Just a minute while I check my diary, yes that's fine. At your office? great see you then Tom.
* If you enjoyed this audio, why not join us on Soundcloud. We have over 8,000 listeners and growing. Simply press the image below.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.