1. This message was left on an answerphone. Who was the message left for?
2. At the end of the message, the project manager checked the availability for a meeting. What time was suitable?
3. What was the client's name?
4. What was the name of the company mentioned in this story?
5. What wasn't discussed at the meeting?
6. What was the budget for this project?
7. The client was not very realistic about something. What was it?
8. What do you think that the Blue Project was about?
9. At the end of the message, a request was made. What was it?
10. How did the speaker feel about the meeting?
1. A client is always right
2. Meetings are always held at the wrong time.
3. Meetings should always be summarized in writing.
4. Business meetings are always about saving money.
5. Clients always wan't a cheap option at the expense of quality.
6. Creativity doesn't exist in modern Business.
7. Meetings are always more productive outside of an office environment.
8. If someone is very good at what they do, they should open their own business.
9. Clients always modify their requests too much.
10. It's easier to do business with international clients.
11. International business is often lost in translation.
12. Business English is far too polite, it's easier to do business in a more direct way.
13. Modern businesses need international clients to survive.
14. Different currencies prevent businesses from being competitive.
1. The client wants to have a meeting __ Tuesday __ 4pm.
2. The Blue Project is _____ the opening of a franchise network.
3. This meeting took place __ the morning.
4. The budget is ______ 600,000 Pounds.
5. This message was left __ an answerphone.
6. Kate was not ___ the office.
AT - ON - IN - AROUND - ABOUT
Hi Kate, just a quick call to update you on my meeting that I had this morning. Mr Taylor was from the 7 Oaks Group, he is the operations director and his intension is to open a franchise network of stores. We haven't discussed a time frame yet but we did manage to talk about a budget which is somewhere around 600,000 Pounds.
I felt it was a very productive meeting in general but he isn't realistic in terms of manpower. It's not a sticking point, I think we can bring this up at our next meeting. On that topic, he is pushing to meet next Tuesday at our office although he has left it to us to clarify the time.
I have checked and we are both free at 4pm but you can let me know later on today. Drop me an email when you get this message, bye for now.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.