audio - coming soon!
You will hear a project manager calling a company and interacting with a secretary. Listen to the audio and answer the questions. This audio will help build your listening skills.
1. What was the Project Managers name?
2. What was the date that had been previously set for the meeting?
3. What was the name of the company featured in this story?
4. What was the client's name?
5. When was the last time the Project Manager spoke to the client?
6. What was the purpose of the call?
7. What time was the meeting scheduled for?
8. In this story, the project manager gave the client a list of things he should bring to the meeting. What was on the list?
9. If there were any changes, what should the client do?
10. What were the client's contact details?
1. The meeting is __ 21.08.16 at __ 3:30 __ the afternoon.
2. The meeting __ this story is __ a project.
3. If the client had any questions __ the project manager, he should contact him __ email or call him __ his mobile.
4. Clients often have questions that they need to ask __ a meeting.
5. __ general, most Project Managers work long hours and often have a lot __ meetings.
6. __ all the Project Managers who work __ Alpha Technologies, Andrew is the one who manages international clients.
7. This meeting is to discuss a project __ more detail. It's also an opportunity to ask questions __ stage 1 starts.
8. __ 2016, Alpha Technologies increased international sales __ 25%, compared to the same quarter last year.
1. Technology will replace Project Managers in the future.
2. There are too many variables for a project to be completed on time and on budget.
3. Project Managers work longer hours compared to a decade ago.
4. Most projects are outsourced, it's cheaper and companies have greater control.
5. Most companies want to develop international markets because national markets are far too competitive.
6. Virtual meetings are a trend that is becoming more popular.
7. Project Managers are perfectionists, their expectations are too high and unrealistic.
8. The age group for Project Managers is getting younger.
9. Outsourced Project Managers are more efficient than internal ones.
Good morning, it's Andrew Cole calling from Alpha Technologies, could I speak to Mr. Scot Grey, please.
Yes, it's regarding a meeting on the 21st of August.
Goodmorning, Scot it's Andrew calling from Alpha Technologies, we spoke last week about organising a meeting.
Fine thank you and you?
Scot, the reason for the call is to confirm the date and time but also answer any questions that you may have before we meet.
Yes, no problem, I have the meeting down for the 21st of August at 3:30 pm, is that still ok with you?
Great, I will let everyone know. Did you have any questions?
You will need to bring all the documents concerning the project and a copy of the transfer you made to us, yes a printout would be fine. If you have a list of changes, it would be helpful if you could email them to me ahead of time.
Of course, my email address is email@example.com, just mark it for my attention. Fantastic, looking forward to seeing you next week. If there's anything you need before then, you can always contact me directly. My number is 748 482 642, thanks and see you soon.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.