By Sanj Saigal
The fourth in this series of conversational based lesson plans. Learn how intonation is related to empathy, how to interact with an audience and control the speed of speech.
Expressing your opinion personally
In my opinion…...
The way that I see it is…..
To my mind……
From my point of view…..
I see it this way……..
I have a feeling that ……..
I have no doubt that ……..
I think that …….
It goes without saying that ……
I am confident that ……
My opinion is that ……
As far as I am concerned…..
It seems to me that……
I am absolutely certain that …….
Expressing the opinion from many
Most people believe…..
Most of us think that….
The majority of people believe that….
There are people who believe that…
People believe that……
Couldn’t agree more
I agree with you
I share your view
You could be right
Say that again
Tell me more!
I have never really thought about that
Wow, never seen it that way!
I can’t comment on that
I don’t really have an opinion on that
Not too sure about that
I’m going to sit on the fence on that
I agree partly with that
I agree on some level
I partially agree with you
On some level I agree
I don’t agree
I don’t think so
I have to disagree with you on that
I don’t agree with what your saying
I have a totally different view
Not at all
I don’t think that’s true
Transitions & Sequence
First of all
Then/ next/ finally
After that/ this
Following this/ that
On the one hand …. but on the other ….
In comparison to ….
Compared to …..
TRADITION VS MODERN
CONVERSATION LESSON PLAN
1. Most people have forgotton how to write, technology has replaced it.
2. Writing has no place in modern society.
3. If education was reformed to allow more technology, no one would be able to write in the future.
4. Most jobs expect you to write.
5. Children are using technology to express themselves, they have less use for paper.
6. Caligraphy is a dying art form.
7. Writing with a stylus pen is a good alternative to writing with a normal pen.
8. The ability to write is fundamental, even in the future.
9. Records, CD's and paper will be stories to tell the younger generation.
1. Do you still use a pen? Why?
2. Could you stop using a pen and paper if you wanted to? Why?
3. Do you think that people are more creative using a pen rather than a computer? Why?
4. Do you think that every generation has a preference? Why?
5. Have you ever used a stylus? Can it compete with a pen?
6. Are portability and communication more important characteristics to have in 2018?
7. Leather bound diaries had style whereas new technology does not, or is this simply not true?
CONVERSATION LESSON PLAN
Our lesson plans have been designed and produced by a U.K. published children's author. Each one was assembled with the help of TEFL qualified teachers and professionals from different sectors. Established in 2011, one2oneacademy continues to generate interest in our learning system from both teaching professionals and students.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.