A topical subject that effects us all. Learn how to defend and offer an opinion, an effective lesson plan that helps students to develop vocabulary, increase confidence and focus on grammar.
1. The famous building mentioned in this story was a:
c. Community centre
d. Party house
2. How many bedrooms did this detached property have?
3. Who did the author state had an on and off love affair with this building?
4. What was the name of the building mentioned in this story?
5. How did this building meet it's demise?
6. How did the author describe the condition of this building today?
7. In which year did the author state that this building was known as a party house?
8. What is this building being considered for?
a. Community centre
b. Old peoples home
c. A drug rehabilitation clinic
9. Describe how this article made reference to the word irony.
1. Do you think that media coverage is always fair?
2. Can you detail an example of a media love hate relationship with a celebrity in your country?
3. Do you think that buildings like the one mentioned in this story exist?
4. Compare the year 1956 to 2015. In your opinion, how have lifestyles changed?
This audio is based on a business profile of a manager who works in the retail sector. Listen to the audio and answer the questions. This is a challenging audio aimed at an upper intermediate level.
1. What is Peter Tomlinson's job title?
2. In this story Peter states that he works for an iconic chain of fashion stores. What is the name of this retail chain?
a. Fade out
3. The target audience of this retail chain is:
a. 20 - 25
b. 16 - 20
c. 18 - 25
4. When did Peter join the company?
5. Was Peter always a manager or did he get promoted?
6. Peter is responsible for:
a. A team of 40 people.
b. A team of 36 people.
c. A team of 50 people.
7. What are Peters responsibilities?
8. What is the name of the person who Peter works closely with?
9. How does Peter describe his relationship with his deputy store manager?
10. Peter stated that he is ambitious. What are his long term goals?
A Business English lesson plan based on the ability to listen and understand. An ideal class for students who are preparing for exams or simply want to improve listening skills. Listen to the audio and see if you can answer the questions.
1. What type of company do you work for?
2. In this story, the client mentioned that they were planning to open a business. What type of business is it?
3. What is the budget for this project?
4. The client stated that they need help with 3 tasks. What were these tasks?
5. Where is client's company based?
6. Was a reserve fund mentioned in this story? If you think that it was mentioned, what amount has been allocated for contingency?
7. Who checked that the budget was realistic?
8. The deadline for this project was:
a. The 14th of November
b. The 12th of June
c. The 19th of April
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.