A lesson plan designed to make you think. Based on the latest technological concepts that have an impact on society, you will be presented with a number of questions and statements. As part of the conversation course, the objectives of this lesson plan are to:
a. Assist with the Speed of speech
b. Build vocabulary
c. Develop confidence
d. Improve pronunciation
e. Help with expressing an opinion
Like it or not, everyone has come into contact with gaming in one form or another. The most popular choice of the platform being the smartphone. With the new Pokemon game released by Nintendo, people can now disconnect from work and enter a virtual reality world.
Questions and statements
"Work smarter, not harder!"
DVD players are now obsolete; they can't compete against more modern technologies.
A global trend that is gaining popularity with all age groups.
1. It's the people at work that are the cause of stress not tasks.
2. Employees don't like change.
3. Job perks such as a car is not a reason to stay with a company.
4. There are people who never want to be promoted.
5. All managers rule by fear.
6. You are only a hero at work for a minute.
7. Rush hour is a good reason to work late at the office.
8. The best way to combat stress is to take up a sport.
9. You only get stressed out at work if you have a management position, or it's easy to lose your job.
10. It's 2016 so everyone encounters stress at work it's the norm.
Companies like Amazon think that drone technology will be in use to deliver packages within 30 minutes of placing an order. Is society ready to let this technology into our lives?
Being able to generate questions is an essential part of your learning process. In every language, this skill is used to help start, participate and prolong a conversation. Below you will find a selection of answers to questions that you will have to ask.
1. I live in Italy
2. I am 26 years old
3. I have two brothers and a sister
4. I live about 2 km from where I work so it's only a 10-minute drive.
5. I have been living in Italy for five years.
6. A glass of water would be fine thank you.
7. No, unfortunately, I don’t have any experience of working with very large teams.
8. I am very passionate about running and try to run at least twice a week if I can.
9. I work Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
10. I rent an apartment, but I am saving up for a deposit and hope to buy a place next year.
11. Yes, I am married.
12. I have a son who is three years old.
13. I have visited London, but it was well over two years ago.
14. I prefer an iPhone if I’m honest I think that being a more closed system it offers better security.
15. I normally have lunch around 2 in the afternoon, but it depends on my manager.
16. I think that I would prefer to retire in a big City compared to a small town because there are more facilities.
17. My favourite colour is Blue, but that could change in the future, who knows?
18. I like reading autobiographies; they keep my interest in the book, and I think that’s very important.
19. I have worked with my company for four years.
20. I’m a project manager by profession.
21. I work in a team of 5.
22. I think morning meetings are more productive at work compared to any other time; it’s better to get them out of the way.
23. I usually get home around 6ish; it depends on the traffic.
24. Yes, I enjoy working for ZANA Distributions Ltd, it’s a great company to work for.
25. Yes, as a project manager we are used to working with challenging deadlines.
26. That’s a difficult question I think that I would prefer to change jobs every two years to gain more experience rather than stay in the same position too long.
27. My wife is a dental assistant.
28. It’s nearly a quarter to 3 in the afternoon.
29. I start my new job next Monday.
30. I will be responsible for the sales department
31. It's a young team, and there are well over 100 members, but I'm looking forward to working with them.
This lesson plan has been designed to help students identify with the type of questions that project managers ask clients. Answers are provided but what are the questions?
1. The budget for this project is around 20,000.00$
2. The deadline for our project is December of this year.
3. A glass of water would be great, thank you.
4(a). If we could schedule a meeting in for next week, say Tuesday that would be fantastic.
4(b). 3 pm will suit me if it's ok with you.
5. Yes, I brought all the documents that you requested.
6. The project specifications are detailed in this report.
7(a). Yes, my name is David Stevens
7(b). Yes, my surname is spelt S.T.E.V.E.N.S.
8(a). Hello, good morning may I speak to Christina from the accounts department, please.
8(b). Yes, it's regarding a meeting that I have scheduled with her for next Tuesday.
9. Our company provides technical support for projects.
10. Yes, I managed to look through all the paperwork yesterday, and everything seems fine.
11. Yes, I would like to ask if we could arrange a date for another meeting so that I can introduce you to my team.
12. Well, I would like an opportunity to explain our services to you.
13. We have experience working with companies all over the world to include the States and the UK.
14. Our primary objective is to deliver a product to the market at a competitive price providing a high standard of quality and level of aftercare.
15. I will be the main point of contact.
16. The only thing that could prevent this project from taking place would be the restrictions on our budget.
17. Yes, there is a contingency fund of 6,000.00$
18. We do have an IT department based at our office so your team can coordinate with them directly.
19. Yes, there will need to be a testing phase it will be part of our quality control procedure.
20. We do have a plan B should there be too many problems to continue with the project.
21. I will be the decision maker.
22. Our expectations are indeed realistic, and we have checked them against other similar types of projects.
23. No, the project hasn't started yet.
24. The project is currently at the planning stage so we have only invested time so far not money.
25. No, at this juncture I don't have any further questions.
Practice identifying with the most popular question formats asked at interviews. You will be provided with answers but what are the questions?
What are the questions?
1. My name is David Stevens
2. I saw an advert placed on LinkedIn last week
3. I am an accountant, and I work for Castle Accountants
4. I was based in London
5. I have two brothers and one sister
6. I work in a team of 10
7. Within the next five years, I hope to have more input in the decision-making process and more responsibilities.
8. Yes, I drive
9. I have been in my current position for just over a year.
10. I report directly to a line manager
11. I speak three languages
12. In my spare time, I enjoy running. I try and run at least once a week depending on the weather as I mainly run outdoors.
13. The biggest challenge in my career was when I had to manage an international team, it consisted of 8 members in 6 countries so it wasn't always easy to delegate tasks.
15. I graduated from City University in 1995
16. I am a qualified data analyst.
17. I have over four years experience
18. My surname is spelt STEVENS
19. A cup of coffee would be great
20. White one sugar, please
21. If I am considered for this position, I will bring my time management skills, the ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail and capacity to multitask.
22. I can remember a time when I had to deal with a client that was extremely demanding. I had to listen carefully before I spoke and took action demonstrating that I totally understood what the problem was. The client calmed down, and the situation was diffused.
23. Yes, I do have a question, I read online that your business is expanding through Europe, I am particularly keen to know more as you obviously have connected so well with assessing demand.
24. I would prefer not to relocate but if you needed assistance for a shorter period, up to say six months I would be happy to help out.
25. I am looking for a salary that reflects both my qualifications and my level of experience; a figure was quoted on LinkedIn of 50k for the right candidate so that would be realistically what I am looking for.
26. My management style is both hands on and hands off when required; I find that a combination between the two helps me to plan at the same time as assisting my team, showing them that I am willing to get my hands dirty.
27. No, I don't have a preference in team size, I enjoy working in both large and small teams.
28. I am passionate about getting results and being deadline conscious; I believe that deadlines help to motivate people and set goals.
29. A good example of demonstrating my communication skills would be when I had to understand what a client wanted to change before I explained to them carefully that there would be alterations in the budget and that it would not be feasible. The client was impressed with my tact and happy that I had saved both money and time all round.
30. I have identified that on occasion I spend too much time planning, this has since been addressed with training, and I feel more confident in my time management capabilities.
31. My want and need to learn new things would be one on my key strengths. I am very passionate about embracing change and think that it's necessary for every business model at some time.
32. I like criticism; I think that the only way to improve is to know where you are going wrong.
33. My team would tell you that I am approachable, someone who will always help team members and willing to learn.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.