A lesson plan designed to get you to talk!
Presented with a number statements you will challenge your ability to express yourself in English as a second language.
Assembled from current media sources and carefully pieced together using the very best in publication technology this lesson plan will maintain your attention span and help to establish learning points of reference.
1. People who dress to impress, often are all dressed up with no place to go.
- Modern business ethics are less formal than it used to be.
- Most businesses have a dress down day.
- Women have more clothing options compared to men.
- People prefer to spend more money on going out than on their wardrobe.
2. In a world in which most people enjoy dressing down, dressing up can make people stand out.
- Everyone knows someone who always dresses up.
- Standing out is an excellent personal quality to have.
3. Most people either maintain either good work clothes or good casual clothing but never both.
- People like comfort clothing more than they used to.
- Companies like Apple are setting a new trend.
4. If you want a promotion at work, dress up!
- The more professional you look, the more opportunities you create.
- People assume that if you are well dressed for work, you are a manager.
5. Can you tell if someone is a parent or not by the way that they dress?
- Parents often don't care what they wear.
- Only single parents still care about their appearance.
6. Dress codes at work are confusing, people never really know what to wear.
- Management set a trend.
- Fashion changes the rules.
7. The workforce is getting younger so what in your opinion is happening to the older generation?
- Some sectors command young employees like IT
- Experience and qualifications can never win against an economically viable employee who is also young.
8. Most people believe that they will own their own business at some point in life.
-The risk is just too high
- It's not always the best option
- Owning your own business means having no freedom.
9. If the pace of life is getting faster, why is it that most people are asleep on the sofa at 10 pm?
- The older you are, the worse this gets.
- Do you resist the temptation to go to bed? Why?
10. You can no longer tell the age of a person just by looking at them.
11. Do you miss your youth?
- Renting video's
- Playing on gaming consoles
- Eating junk food
12. Your parents tidied up every day and all the time just in case someone would come over to visit. Do you do the same or is this simply not possible with a modern lifestyle?
13. Too much choice is a terrible thing.
- You can't make a choice.
- It takes too long to make a decision if you do.
14. Who made the forty hour week anyway? Most people can't work at optimum levels for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week.
- Why can't we work from home?
- Is it better to work seven days a week and have an option of which five days you want to work?
- Does your salary ever reflect on how hard you work?
-Once you have paid your mortgage on your house, it's time to retire.
- People should never leave a job to take another one with the same salary; it's a waste of time.
- If companies want you to work efficiently and effectively, why do they want you to work longer hours?
- Which is better, spend a long time commuting to work and earn more money or living close to work and making less?
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.