Listen to the audio and answer the questions.
Q1. The project;
a. Has started
b. Is at stage 1
c. Hasn't started
d. Will start tomorrow
Q2. What did the speaker say that he wanted to do before the meeting started?
Q3. What was the main reason for the meeting?
Q4. Who is responsible for international projects?
Q5. What is the name of the company featured in this audio?
Q6. What were the two points that were discussed?
Q7. What was the name of the CEO featured in this company?
Q8. What did the CEO say will happen if the two issues were resolved?
Q9. What was the ideal figure for the deposit?
Q10. What was the ideal time frame for the project?
Q11. What did the CEO request at the end of the audio?
1. How often do you participate in conference calls?
2. Who normally starts, the client or you?
3. Are virtual meetings as effective as physical meetings?
4. Do you normally have problems such as connection speed? What do you usually do as a solution?
5. Do you think that in the future all meetings will be online?
6. Do you normally have meetings on your own or with other members of your team?
7. There are always too many decision makers involved in projects. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
8. Virtual meetings are impersonal and often prevent a good business relationship. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
9. Office meeting rooms are high traffic areas that are too noisy and often cause problems in any form of meeting? Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
10. Discuss the corporate structure where you work?
11. Project consultants who are not employees often do not perform as well as employees. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
12. What is the difference between a meeting and a discussion?
13. Define the phrase; "point of contact".
14. Job titles vary between different countries and it is difficult to understand what responsibilities employees have. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
15. Do you think that only similar positions in companies should have meetings or should they be mixed?
16. What do you think the word "highlight" means in the context of this story?
17. What do you think the term "clause" means in the context of this story?
Good afternoon, my name is David Finch and I am the CEO for MSB Holdings, thank you for taking the time to meet me today.
The main purpose for this meeting is to discuss two of the points highlighted in our previous meeting. Before we begin, allow me to introduce you to Geoff Aquilina. Geoff is head of international projects and will be your point of contact should we proceed to stage 1.
The two points under concern are the time frame and deposit. The time frame, we feel is slightly too long. If we are to complete and optimise our sales, we would request that the deadline is moved from Q3 to Q2. I realise that this will put some pressure on both sides but I think I speak for everyone at MSB Holdings when I say that it's an achievable deadline.
If this point is acceptable then it would speed up the transfer of funds and we can make a start. As for the deposit, we feel it more appropriate that a figure of 50,000 Pounds is more realistic. Our team has discussed this issue at length and feel that the non refundable clause in the contract is more than sufficient to compensate your company should something go wrong.
Well, I seem to have done all the talking. Could I have some feedback on these points.
Our lesson plans are carefully pieced together by qualified TEFL teachers, who are very passionate about words. We understand that there are many different ways to learn, our method is to teach grammar structures through conversation.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.