Practice identifying with the most popular question formats asked at interviews. You will be provided with answers but what are the questions?
What are the questions?
1. My name is David Stevens
2. I saw an advert placed on LinkedIn last week
3. I am an accountant, and I work for Castle Accountants
4. I was based in London
5. I have two brothers and one sister
6. I work in a team of 10
7. Within the next five years, I hope to have more input in the decision-making process and more responsibilities.
8. Yes, I drive
9. I have been in my current position for just over a year.
10. I report directly to a line manager
11. I speak three languages
12. In my spare time, I enjoy running. I try and run at least once a week depending on the weather as I mainly run outdoors.
13. The biggest challenge in my career was when I had to manage an international team, it consisted of 8 members in 6 countries so it wasn't always easy to delegate tasks.
15. I graduated from City University in 1995
16. I am a qualified data analyst.
17. I have over four years experience
18. My surname is spelt STEVENS
19. A cup of coffee would be great
20. White one sugar, please
21. If I am considered for this position, I will bring my time management skills, the ability to maintain a high level of attention to detail and capacity to multitask.
22. I can remember a time when I had to deal with a client that was extremely demanding. I had to listen carefully before I spoke and took action demonstrating that I totally understood what the problem was. The client calmed down, and the situation was diffused.
23. Yes, I do have a question, I read online that your business is expanding through Europe, I am particularly keen to know more as you obviously have connected so well with assessing demand.
24. I would prefer not to relocate but if you needed assistance for a shorter period, up to say six months I would be happy to help out.
25. I am looking for a salary that reflects both my qualifications and my level of experience; a figure was quoted on LinkedIn of 50k for the right candidate so that would be realistically what I am looking for.
26. My management style is both hands on and hands off when required; I find that a combination between the two helps me to plan at the same time as assisting my team, showing them that I am willing to get my hands dirty.
27. No, I don't have a preference in team size, I enjoy working in both large and small teams.
28. I am passionate about getting results and being deadline conscious; I believe that deadlines help to motivate people and set goals.
29. A good example of demonstrating my communication skills would be when I had to understand what a client wanted to change before I explained to them carefully that there would be alterations in the budget and that it would not be feasible. The client was impressed with my tact and happy that I had saved both money and time all round.
30. I have identified that on occasion I spend too much time planning, this has since been addressed with training, and I feel more confident in my time management capabilities.
31. My want and need to learn new things would be one on my key strengths. I am very passionate about embracing change and think that it's necessary for every business model at some time.
32. I like criticism; I think that the only way to improve is to know where you are going wrong.
33. My team would tell you that I am approachable, someone who will always help team members and willing to learn.
Our lesson plans are carefully pieced together by qualified TEFL teachers, who are very passionate about words. We understand that there are many different ways to learn, our method is to teach grammar structures through conversation.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.