1. The famous building mentioned in this story was a:
c. Community centre
d. Party house
2. How many bedrooms did this detached property have?
3. Who did the author state had an on and off love affair with this building?
4. What was the name of the building mentioned in this story?
5. How did this building meet it's demise?
6. How did the author describe the condition of this building today?
7. In which year did the author state that this building was known as a party house?
8. What is this building being considered for?
a. Community centre
b. Old peoples home
c. A drug rehabilitation clinic
9. Describe how this article made reference to the word irony.
1. Do you think that media coverage is always fair?
2. Can you detail an example of a media love hate relationship with a celebrity in your country?
3. Do you think that buildings like the one mentioned in this story exist?
4. Compare the year 1956 to 2015. In your opinion, how have lifestyles changed?
Drug fueled parties
Your teacher will spell the following words, do not look at the answers as the objective is to help you with identifying with pronunciation.
In 1956 Kraybourne house was known as a party house for the rich and famous. A sprawling 17 bedroom detached property located in one of London's leafy suburbs.
A preferred venue for celebrities of both the stage and screen, it was common to see luxury cars forming a queue as they disembarked quickly to avoid being snapped by the paparazzi.
An on and off relationship with the British media eventually saw it's demise in 1962, the British media growing tired of the controversy surrounding drug fueled parties.
Today, little more than an abandoned building that is now being considered for use as a community centre. Neglected for decades it's windowless frames, graffiti, and overgrown garden reduces this once famed structure to little more than a playground for squatters.
The only irony is that this one famous British landmark is now back in the limelight and making headlines once again.
Our lesson plans are carefully pieced together by qualified TEFL teachers, who are very passionate about words. We understand that there are many different ways to learn, our method is to teach grammar structures through conversation.
DEAR MANDI, LET ME SAY YOU A BIG "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR HELP WITH PREPARING ME TO IELTS EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE AND SUPPORT. EVEN WHEN MY HOME WORKS WERE DIFFICULT AND I HAD NO TIME,- I ALWAYS TRIED TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING IN TIME BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO DISAPPOINT YOU. YOU HELPED ME TO BE MORE CONFIDENT IN EACH PART OF THE EXAM, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING. IN THE BOTTOM LINE - ALL MY GOAL WERE REACHED! I HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME YOU VISIT IN ISRAEL.
I TOOK A LESSON WITH SANJ IN ORDER TO PREPARE TO A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE. SANJ GAVE SOME VERY GOOD TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW AND A BRIEF LESSON TO IMPROVE MY GRAMMAR AND SPEAKING SKILLS. HE ALSO HELPED ME TO FORMULATE BETTER ANSWERS TO COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS – ALL OF THESE IN ONLY ONE HOUR! THE PREPARATION DEFINITELY HELPED ME TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT AND TO SPEAK MORE FLUENTLY DURING THE INTERVIEW, AND EVENTUALLY TO GET THE JOB!
I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT YOU HELPED ME GROW IN MORE THAN ONE DIMENSION. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION WITH ME IN THE CLASSES – I DIDN’T REALIZE HOW MUCH I HAD LEARNED UNTIL I GOT SUCH A NICE GRADE IN PTE ACADEMIC EXAM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSONAL CONCERN FOR ME – YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WAS INDEED PRICELESS. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE TO BE MANDI’S STUDENT AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO TAKE HER EXAM PREPARATION CLASSES.